Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Signs of Spring




After a few fits and starts there is no doubt that spring is now well underway. The lawn got its first mowing this past weekend and I could see the grass immediately perking up once it lost six months of deadweight. I mowed on Saturday and by Sunday afternoon it looked like it needed another going over. I love the way it looks right after being cut with the long striations up and down the length of the lawn giving it a real manicured look.

Elsewhere on the property the daffs are just past their peak and my first tulips have made their entrance. The primrose are up and looking great and the big rock is covered with columbine and all sorts of neat little flowers.

It's a glorious time of year, the days are long and tolerable and the nights are still cool. Barbecue season is just round the corner so I got the grills out and in position. I also set up my new teak furniture for the deck. I'd say we're just about ready for the season. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.