Saturday, May 24, 2008

The big day...

Memorial Day weekend is the typical starting point for the garden.  Last year (2007) our garden plans were derailed by an unfortunate accident involving my dad, some gasoline and a match (don't ask).  Now that everything is back to normal I'm keen to get some things in the ground.

I do have one confession, in order to help keep on top of general maintenance around the grounds I have someone who helps me during the week.  Brian is my gardener/caretaker/go-to guy for helping keep things in tip top shape.  He does a great job and his efforts during the week allow me to enjoy some of my weekend.  He did a great job this week of getting the beds set up...we're heading out to get some plants momentarily.  Here's the before shot:


1 comment:

Rich said...

Need some more pool shots!
Thanks for a great weekend. No where else I'd rather be.