Wednesday, August 02, 2006

How about a Pimm's my dear?

I found THE best use for cucumbers from the garden. On my way back from London last time I picked up a bottle of Pimm's at Heathrow. Pimm's (or a Pimm's Cup more precisely) is the quintessential British summer drink.

The recipe is simple: 1 part Pimm's, 2 parts Sprite (the British say lemonade, but they mean Sprite or 7UP), a cucumber spear in each glass, and whatever fruit you have on hand (we used strawberries, and some lemon and lime slices). We forgot to add mint leaves but you can if you want it even more refreshing.

I can't tell you what's in Pimm's, it's a closely guarded secret. Here's more info if you can't get enough. We just about finished the bottle this weekend. Good thing I'm back in London in September!

1 comment:

Stunned Donor said...

Oh Billy, now we're talking! I tend to goose my Pimms Cup with about a half jigger of Tanqueray and I omit the Sprite and use soda water instead. Very refreshing (in moderation of course).