Thursday, April 20, 2006

Topsoil + Rain = Mud

Now I'm in trouble. I just checked with the dirt-dealer who confirmed that my four yards of topsoil have been duly delivered. I also checked with weather.com where I learned that there's a 70% chance of rain on Saturday (which we certainly need, but Sunday would have fit so much better in my plans). The clock is ticking on my getting this stuff spread.

As I see it I have two options:

1) Work like mad to get this all onto the patch starting on Friday afternoon/evening and try and beat the rain. I may actually take down the fence of the garden so I can use the tractor. This could end up being an exercise in futility.

2) Get another tarp and cover the pile. This is the logical choice and definitely buys me some time.

The real answer will probably be a combination of the two. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.