Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Check out my deck

As we seem to have moved swiftly through spring into summer, the newly expanded deck got its first real use this weekend. In anticipation of the season, my mom and I headed upstate on Thursday night. Our primary objective was to find containers for the deck and get them filled with annuals. Here is the result of our (well, mom's) handiwork. I think they look great, she has a real eye for that sort of thing. We found these extended watering devices that fit in the containers to make sure they don't die of thirst each week. Please disregard my garden-booted feet in the photo.

I wrote previously about the new teak deck furniture. Here it is in situ with that spectacular view of Catamount in the distance. Needless to say, this deck hosted two Memorial Day barbecues this weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow looking very *wallpaper - love it. Just add Louis V luggage, some swiss watch and an infinity pool....

Anonymous said...

Wow looking very *wallpaper - love it. Just add Louis V luggage, some swiss watch and an infinity pool....

Anonymous said...

Hey Billy

Your deck looks fantastic. All the hard work must seem worth it to be able to sit at the table and look out over that view.

Well done to your mom (and you).

Much less neon than I am currently used to!

Loving the cankle boots by the way.

Laurence x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jim said...

I'm with Andrew. Infinity pool sounds like a great way to cool off after a long day in the garden.